Those Fast and Furious Hoons!

Don’t you just hate those hoons?  What?  You don’t know what a hoon is?  Well, watch and find out!

Retweet those hoons by clicking here.

164 Responses to Those Fast and Furious Hoons!

1. Thank you so much for providing individuals with a very spectacular opportunity to read from this web site. It is always very sweet and as well , stuffed with a great time for me and my office peers to visit your web site more than three times a week to study the new guides you have got. And definitely, I am also actually amazed considering the cool guidelines you give. Some 3 tips on this page are truly the most suitable I have ever had.

Business Management Courses

2. Anonymous says:

Can I just say what a reduction to seek out somebody who really is aware of what theyre speaking about on the internet. You undoubtedly know how one can bring a problem to gentle and make it important. More individuals need to read this and perceive this side of the story. I cant consider youre not more popular because you positively have the gift.
    very good submit, i actually love this web site, carry on it

3.  This is very intriguing, That you are a quite skilled blogger. I have joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking a lot more of your excellent post. Also, I have shared your website in my social networks!

4. Anonymous says:

As an Aussie, I can confirm this definition!

5. Liza Kat says:

Internet service made a great progress way now to make the life a lot easier then ever. It is interfering with every factor of the living to a point that it is being a need to for most of us. For this reason flower delivery companies has moved their companies on-line to make the internet flower ordering experience super easy and fast, your flowers will probably be just a couple mouse clicks away just before they may be delivered anywhere at any time you desire.

6. I was just wondering how many of the actors (excluding stunt doubles) in the fast and the furious movies are driving autos.

7. Anonymous says:

j’ai vraiment douté et tu decides!

8. John Thayer says:

One reason we know Fast And Furious comes before Tokyo Drift is because
    in FAF Han says something about a new style of racing in Tokyo and that
    he’s going there.

9. Anonymous says:

im angry about dav, post something
    like to see raph,
    rt??
    6 off

10. Anonymous says:

PasSiNG TIME AULTD BEGINER SO CUTE!!number*

11. bill gorden says:

I wonder if you can drive a hoopdie like a hoon :)

I recall a Cisco Engineer telling me when he was teaching CCNA boot camp in Australia and he called a router “rooter” and got snickers from the audience. He asked what was funny and they said a rooter is something really nasty

I used to watch Paul Hogan’s comedy show before he was crocodile dundee, and thought the show needed subtitles (oz to english)

I remember hearing the phrase “stone the crows” and it took me a while to figure that out.

12. Anonymous says:

What have you planed for our marriage in London my dear??? lol
    Im watching live the william & kate’s one, and i definitly am a bit frustrate never will have a mariage like this one… even with you ma!!! ahah oh lord, the skies are so unfair!
    nico

13. Anonymous says:

Damn Venom I’m trying to find and talk to you through your recently posted comments, it is showing in the recently posted box that you did indeed not long ago post, but I search both lessons that are the ones that it says and states that you in fact did so. But I can’t find them no where on the lesson pages themselves. I looked many times over, and on my screen, what I’m seeing, experiencing, on my on, or my view, what I’m seeing anyhow it just is showing up posted for some reason, I tried to talk to you and a few others in your metal/rock forum, I have been trying posting and replying and for me at least, a very big portion of them never show up, I been trying to talk or communicate, with you and others for days, and next to nothing is actually working posting to you my friend, Believe me I tried very many times brother Well I can only hope this posts right and you see or notice it, no other way I know of to get you my friend, which is sad a a damn shame if you ask me, We the best of friends, I see nothing at all from holding us back brother! So please work with me , if you possibly can. The call and it is left to you, the balls in your court, I’m reaching out, as a real/true friend, and the real me, the real deal, speaking to you know. Please don’t let me down, or behind, if you so choose to leave as by some of your earlier comments that I noticed or seen, before up till now, mostly what you said or did is cut off and hidden in the recently posted comments box. And to me they are invisable, no where to be found out here in the lesson pages, I’m having trouble even finding some of your earlier posts, and if I did find them, almost didn’t make it, or was messed up and distorted. Well I trying, it just isn’t flying right now, and as of just recently. Well hope to hear from you and every soon. Peace! Neo! Out!

14. Anonymous says:

haand DADA

15. Anonymous says:

comming soon on hoon*
    *lyrics by ma lol

16. Anonymous says:

want to agrreeddiiifffuuurrrtttyyyyopppmllfsertyazqormbandgrows£

17. Anonymous says:

is sleeping hand laughing and have a tear, he dozesn’t know where..

18. Anonymous says:

sweet child off mine of beauty lover

19. Anonymous says:

RUSSIAN DONE hum§ LOOK IM ? WELL I HAVE LISTENED TO SWEET CHILD O MINE BY GUNS ? AND ROSES;;* AND IMEANIT I THINK THIS COULD BE;BY THE TIME I SEE YOU, I THINK AND WANT A LITTLE MORE THAN EVER.
    NICOLAS DEJEAN AORTé
    PS : I WANT YOU TO BE MY ONLY WIFE [LOL]

20. Anonymous says:

Bon ma, transfert, autolargue (goldorak…) ecoute, oui je t’aime et, enfin je sais pas ce que je dois dire en fait mais , j’aimerais bien avoigent. A part ca je kif grave maintenant c chouette! Et ben ouais j’y pense.. je SUIS con.. CHA??

21. Anonymous says:

Testing

22. Anonymous says:

yeah you gonna come, im so glad!!!!!!!!!!!!ahah

23. Anonymous says:

you got me now, i just expect you now to not leaave me alone..
    nico

24. Anonymous says:

It looks and kind of reminds me of photobucket.com, but in my think full Adobe picture album, there is no way that I can find or see here to move, or edit or do anything that I want or need to do, when I try to send them straight threw photobucket, with the proper codes, on some it keeps coming up error no matter what, and is putting me behind, and making it even longer, and slower progress, a monkey wrench in the gears, and faulting and stopping me from making it the way I feel and wish, and think is needed to create, and make a proper work of art, and the best possible tribute, to admit, and have to let these pictures, and images go would be sacrificing, and severly hindering my art, as to what I want, and Am trying so hard to obtain, or even come close!, Does anybody understand what I’m saying, and asking, or will this, if this will even post properly! I can and get most of my stuff to go through Photobucket, but there are always some that willn’t go through, no matter what, and the only other option is to save as, and it automatically go and be saved in my Abode Album, and nothing I have done or tried, even anything remotely close, on transferring, or sending someone else, or get a code, or anything while in the album. So some of these pictures that are a big and important part of my work of art, and some of these missing pieces, seem to be in limbo, and stuck in the abyss, or no way to extract, or send, or make them work, and be postable here, I can’t figure it out or see no way to anything of the type! Registering on the site, might lead me, and take me to what I need, or is there other options or ways to make these pictures, and images ETC. to be able to transform, and make forum, useable, or postable type of form or code! I’m running into all kinds of snags, and problems, and this is only slowing, or stopping me to be as complete and more to what I’m trying to achieve and make the best art according to my scope and ability, much of what I did learn and was taught, a lot of was from mt best friend VenomRock, there were a few others that helped and contributed in different ways, to all them whom have been with me through it all, and helped me in any way, thank you very much, very appreciate, and greatful for it all, And Venom your simply the best, and all your teaching and training has helped, and been one of the biggest factor towards me ever even get to even try and display and show, and create art, in my own way, and times, try to experiment, or change to see if I can get at least one to come along for the ride, abd enjoy, and love the direction their going, and become in their own right an artist, and express, your true self, and it is good for many things, to come and post, and have at least a few to help, or join together at times, to express our love, and passions, and communicate, and have fun, and love what you, or anyone can that likes, or somewhat agrees with at least some of what another person may like, or bring forth and share what they feel and love to express of themselves, and their own tastes. So any and all possible help in any or all of these matters I just recently mentioned/posted! Neo ! Out! Peace!

25. Anonymous says:

Oh another issue or problem is how to make use and be able to use, in the forums, or where I want to post or move them, some of my pictures/images ETC., they go straight to my adobe photo album, and tried signing up for the free on line thing, and it said and claimed that it was no longer an option, or free. But it did say to go to Photoshop.com and take care of my images/photos, It required me to register, to be able to use, but I’m stuck, on what is my personal URL, what is is it, how do I get it or find it, or do I even got one, Help! I’m in total darkness towards this matter, any help would be much appreciated! Thank you! Neo Out! Peace!

26. Anonymous says:

Well I got a lot of work waiting for me in the forum’s, a very big project, in fact it may be the biggest, and most time consuming, and work that I have ever worked on and posted before, or so it looks and seems at this time, Got to rescribe, and reinstall my new Norton Internet Security, and was think of checking out the site I think it is is something like cleanmypc, or something close to that if not exactly right, and see the cost, and if it would be a good purphase, and help speed up, and get rid of any errors, or things that could slow down, or bog down my PC, and would this even be worth it, would it help or fix the issues, and problems I’m having. I might not even be able to find or see the exact, right site that I heard and seen advertised on T.V. If I type it in wrong, I many not come up with anything, or things that I probably don’t want or need, Has anybody heard, or know of any such thing, or something else that may be better, to fix my problems, My Norton internet, will only fix so many things, and others, it doesn’t or willn’t fix them no matter what!

27. Anonymous says:

Hello anybody out there, just checking if you are and could possibly please at least try to reply to me! I’m get almost zilch anymore! It is getting a little trying to go on as nearly most the time it seems as a one man show, and going on all alone, and by myself. I just can only hope that there are at least a few faith still around, for your friendly neighborhood Neo! Much love and peace, and may the strongest of all bonds that I say and claim, and that is of friendship, pure and true, and just a caring, and giving people that I’m hoping, and I think that you are! So if you at all possibly can, get in touch with me, and prove what I say and think to be true!! Don’t let me down, if you at all can help it, Later!

28. Anonymous says:

What do you call a monkey in a minefield ?
    bullet

A Baboom !

Which day of the week do fish hate?…….

Fry-Day

29. Anonymous says:

mapping-the-brains-complexity-one-of-sciences-ultimate-goals

“How long have you been working here?” one employee asked to another.

“Ever since the boss threatened to fire me

There was these 3 guys. They were named Shutup, Manners and Poop. Manners was picking up Poop from school. Shutup got pulled over by a cop. The cop says “Whats your name sir?” “Shutup.” “Whats your name?” “Shutup.” “Whats your name?” “Shutup.” “Wheres your manners boy?” “Over there picking up poop.” – Jake Cost

my grandfather died in a nazi concentration camp. he fell off the guard tower. -heretikkk

30. Anonymous says:

Hello anyone out there. Is the site starting to show any improvement yet? How is everyone, what’s is up, on your minds, or anything you wish to add or state, just let me know mate!

Bovine Humor

Q: What do cows do for entertainment?
    A: Go to moo-vies.

Q: Which job is a cow most suited for?
    A: Baker. Because they’re making cow pies regularly.

Q: Why did the blonde buy a brown cow?
    A: To get chocolate milk.

Q: What band is a cow favorite?
    A: Moo-dy Blues

31. Anonymous says:

hi louve iou bib’!
    mw420

32. Guest says:

Alright, now! This is a test to see if I can fake a Guest post.

33. Camp Kohler - Sacramento CA says:

There are two arguments against the “it’s the library’s fault” theory:
    1. This problem only started showing up in the last half-dozen or so blogs. VR, how far back in time have you seen this problem?
    2. I had my sister look at two blogs using her own PC and she could see all the comments, including the Facebook and Twitter areas.

I don’t see what firewalls have to do with it; this library has had them for years, but this problem has only recently appeared. Anyway, what about a firewall would truncate some blogs, but not others?

• Camp Kohler - Sacramento CA says:

Somehow, the above comment was misposted at the first level instead of a reply. That’s not what is so bad; it got posted as Guest instead of me, so I couldn’t delete it or edit it down to nil.

I have been looking at my DISQUS dashboard, and it seems you can edit and delete from there! (I don’t see any way to delete a comment from HFW.) I am still trying to find out just how DISQUS works and the whole point of it.

• Anonymous says:

U don’t know for sure Camp, I have done this by trying to delete posts in the lesson pages, and by totally, deleting and get rid of an account all together, What have you come up with. I’m no expert or 100% sure on this, but what it seems to me, and at different times had this very type of thing happen, I think in our avatar menu, not sure now after all this mess, or maybe it was on the Gravatar website. Anyhow I noticed that there are ones that are under the same or associated with the same email address , there should be default setting and different accounts, which you can add or change the info in some of these, but some I think what is happening, is that they are, or the website, or sites, are logging you out of your main, or the one you have selected to use, and logging you into there Guest account, which has allows been there in my accounts, and selections useable, and this anonymous or Guest account, has always been there and an option, or a valid and useable account, or functional somehow, I never did or even think of being able to manually change and log yourself in this matter, it was done by someone else, or the website making unlog and automatically log me in that type of account that your talking about. I never tried to do this, it just seemed to happen by itself, or from other source, site, or person, or persons, or is it all could possibly be a part of all the things, happening wrong here, and maybe gravatar, it doesn’t seem to function or work right from me most of the time anymore, but to do this on purpose, or log in yourself, manually some how, I don’t know for sure, have you found, or could log into this yourself?. Damn I’m not sure if this will help you, but at least I tried to give you all that I know at this point, I don’t even know if this will post/reply, and it somehow has messed up, the order and things on my sentences are not in proper order or form, and I’m not sure I can fix it or figure it out now for sure or not, I know at least some and part of this post has at least done this.I see what I can do to try and figure it out and fix it, if I can. I will now try to fix, and reply to ya brother. Cross your fingers, or whatever you do or can think of doing to make this reply to work, and in it’s proper, and original type out order, now I’m not sure where it all messed up at, and if I can find, and figure out how to reconstruct them back the way I first had them, and wanted them to be. I have enough problems/issues, than to also have these type of things making a simple reply , a hassle and a task, and will it post, or go to the top of the page, or what else could happen or be present, to come along and screw everything up! Well I will now go and look at try to figure out how to fix, and send, but the rest, even these could very well be out of my hands or doing. I never got an kind of notice either in my email to alert me of your reply, I just decided and manually checked to find this. Well whatever it is, I hope you figure, or get it to work, that would be cool to be able to manually log into an Guest Account in a ay, and other ways it would, Well to each there own. Hope to see or hear from you soon! Neo! Out! Peace! Fire In The Whole!!!

• Camp kohler - Sacramento CA says:

You should try breaking a long comment into paragraphs in order to keep people’s heads from exploding. (It’s the nice thing to do.)

34. LeoNaRD says:

A Coon Huntin Story… High Ball… Knock Him Out John… The Original Blue Collar Comedian Jerry Clower.
    ….

….something interesting….The end of communism wasn’t all good news for Eastern Europe. Since the revolutions of the late 1980s, the number of fatal traffic accidents there has skyrocketed.

..something from the past—IMDB says: Paramount, 1932. This is the fourth of seven stories in this film, in which a dying tycoon gives million-dollar windfalls to people picked from the city phone directory. “Emily (Alison Skipworth), and Rollo La Rue (W.C. Fields), a vaudevillian and juggler, are owners of a boardinghouse. They acquire a brand new car, and after a drive, they return with a car wrecked by a “road hog.” After obtaining the million dollar check from Glidden, they purchase a fleet of cars and get even with the “road hogs” about town by having a car-smashing day. Of all the episodes, this is the one most remembered, even long after the movie is over.” Part 1of2 is at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDSW-ybm0mg

35. Anonymous says:

Get Better Soon

A retired man who volunteers to entertain patients in nursing homes and hospitals went to one local hospital in Brooklyn and took his portable keyboard along. He told some jokes and sang some funny songs at patients’ bedsides.

When he finished he said, in farewell, “I hope you get better.”

One elderly gentleman replied, “I hope you get better, too.”

36. Anonymous says:

Get Better Soon

When he finished he said, in farewell, “I hope you get better.”

One elderly gentleman replied, “I hope you get better, too.”

37. Anonymous says:

Flakey Murder

Two police officers respond to a crime scene behind a grocery store. The homicide detective is already there.

“What happened?” asks the first officer.

“Male, about twenty-five, covered in Raisin Bran and dead as a doornail.”

“Good grief,” says the second officer. “Didn’t we have one covered in Frosted Flakes yesterday? And Captain Crunch last week?”

“You’re right. I’m afraid,” said the detective as he took a drag from his cigar, “this is the work of a cereal killer.”

38. Anonymous says:

Flakey Murder

“What happened?” asks the first officer.

“Male, about twenty-five, covered in Raisin Bran and dead as a doornail.”

39. Anonymous says:

What Those Acronyms Really Mean

ISDN = It Still Does Nothing

APPLE = Arrogance Produces Profit-Losing Entity

IBM = I Blame Microsoft

DEC = Do Expect Cuts

CA = Constant Acquisitions

CD-ROM = Consumer Device, Rendered Obsolete in Months

OS/2 = Obsolete Soon, Too.

SCSI = System Can’t See It

DOS = Defunct Operating System

BASIC = Bill’s Attempt to Seize Industry Control

WWW = World Wide Wait

MACINTOSH = Most Applications Crash; If Not, The OS Hangs

40. Anonymous says:

What Those Acronyms Really Mean

ISDN = It Still Does Nothing

APPLE = Arrogance Produces Profit-Losing Entity

IBM = I Blame Microsoft

DEC = Do Expect Cuts

CA = Constant Acquisitions

CD-ROM = Consumer Device, Rendered Obsolete in Months

OS/2 = Obsolete Soon, Too.

SCSI = System Can’t See It

DOS = Defunct Operating System

BASIC = Bill’s Attempt to Seize Industry Control

WWW = World Wide Wait

MACINTOSH = Most Applications Crash; If Not, The OS Hangs

41. Anonymous says:

Hey there everyone, Lets have some fun!

Finding Her Place

On her way back from the concession stand, Julie asked a man at the end of the row, “Pardon me, but did I step on your foot a few minutes ago?”

Expecting an apology, the man said, “Indeed you did.”

Julie nodded, and noted, “Oh good. Then this is my row.”

42. SimonBelmont says:

Damn I just tried on this new account I tried through here, and through gravatar, I got images and pictures, and plans to use some of them, but ro no luck or prevail, nothing but fail, all well thank you for your posts/replies, and time, and your caring and trying to help me out, Thanks oh so much Venom! You got any Vampires or any supernatural beings that need terminated, I love hunting and killing them, I also love and hold close to my heart these things as well, more than enough sides for me on this and many subjects. I was always a fool for horror, and darker themed ideas, but in most of them the evil entites usually are the ones vanquished, even through all there awesomeness, and unbelieveable power, and nearly unkillable, how do you or how can you kill something that is already dead, and to be immortal, or a God of sorts. Damn my grammar and spelling anyhow. Peace Out! Neo Gone, but hopefully never totally forgotten. I so wish I could get my avatars to show up and be able to use. But I guess those are just the breaks and the way things are happening for now! I’m lost and clueless, I tried all and everything I could think of, and what others suggested, or mentioned, and still nothing!

43. SimonBelmont says:

Hello sir , so dang wonderful to hear from ya, I currently, and have been using Norton Internet Security for along time know, I tried a few others but they cost a lot more and others about the same price, or maybe just a slight tad cheaper, but out of all for the price for Norton, and if I buy it from my local computer shop, you can use it on up to three computers, and is good for a full year. I’m not sure but to me it has helped and worked better and cost less than most, so that what I stick with, how about you brother, you got any kind, or what kind of coverage do you use. Well see you later, but hopefully sooner. Neo Out Peace!

• VenomRocK says:

I’m pretty sure these comments are for me. Why did they show up here?

I have MacKeeper with a lifetime license. It works pretty good. The thing about a Mac not getting viruses or hacked is now a myth.

• SimonBelmont says:

Really, I didn’t know Dat! I heard of Macs, but know very little about them, I hope this posts as a reply like it should do! This is Neo, and yes the post above where for you, I posted directly, where the post was, and it just automatically went to the top of the screen, I have an old Dell, and an Alienware computer, and I’m always running into something or another, Norton, is supposed to be a pretty good virus and computer saving, but I get more problems than what I ever thought or exspected. Bu that is the best affordable type of protection I can get. I hope everything on my end, and here will get set straight regardless, Well see you soon! Peace, Neo Out!, I couldn’t get a picture or image to show up or appear to be present, but just out of desperation I cl8ucked saved changes and the avatar just came up. Later!

44. VenomRocK says:

I’ve never heard that term ‘hoon’ before. There’s street racing in the Puget Sound area too and the media here is well aware of it.

In the description for the YT video someone writes NO MATTER HOW HARD I TRY TO GET OUT, THEY KEEP PULLIN ME BACK IN…. If that’s true, unfortunately it will take them getting into a serious reck to wake them up and even that won’t change some people. I can’t really rank on these people for street racing, I was young once too.
    Here’s someone’s thoughts about cops and street racers:

btw Marina, I like the cars you picked out B-) m/ … but I would suggest maybe not using that word ‘hoon’ here in the US. Along with goon or loon, it can easily be misheard as ‘coon’ :|

45. RazielSoulReaver says:

Hmm. I just tried a single post, with single link, and it wouldn’t work or take, looks like we still are in the websites eye of the storm. Well just in case I get lucky, or somehow this post makes it through, how are all you doing? What’s up!, Give me a holler back please, that is if you can and are able, I would gratefully appreciate it! Neo, Gone! Peace!

• LeoNaRD says:

Well peace to all that is doing this………………………………………………………………………………………………………the whit man is a _____________________________

• VenomRocK says:

Hey Neo, do you have software installed or a program on your computer that can check for viruses? Viruses can bog down a computer pretty bad and can cause things not to work right.

• Anonymous says:

Hello Venom, I got Norton Internet. I find that some of googles images contain or have maleware/spyware, or malicious viruses security suite, and my clean PC, and all that comes with that, like it takes me to an adaware site that claims to have found and will scan and fix them, but really they are the ones whom planted or caused them in the first place, I use Mozilla FireFox as my browser, and is powered by google my technicians tell me, this was it is claimed to be a good defense against things like this, but not for me, I don’t see how people can say or claim this is any better than Internet Explorer, if so I’m just not seeing it. I was only answering and trying to talk with you my friend, I wasn’t sure or clear to me if you seen or read any of mt other posts, and if they so in fact taken or stayed put, or just got lost in the sea of posts that did make it. Love you so much man, all the peace, and Brotherly Love In The World, I hope and wish for you! Neo Over And Out! See you soon I hope!

46. RazielSoulReaver says:

Well I’m still having trouble with changing my avatar, I keep click on and adding my pics from my computer and the web, it will accept the pictures code, bot in the crop, and finish it, nothing at all is showing up, that is under the Disqus menu, closer to the top of the page, clicking on edit profile, then on the left avatar, then get the picture from both sources mention, but when it comes to the final, cropping, and confirming that this is the avatar that you will change to or look like, but nothing at all is here, no pics, images or nothing. Has anybody else had this issues, I also tried the gravatar website, but I can’t get logged in, I can’t find or remember my username/password or anything anymore. Anybody ever watch a show called River Monster’s Well hope to see some of you soon, stay cool, Neo Out! Peace!

47. RazielSoulReaver says:

A Cowboy Rides Into Town

A cowboy rode into town and stopped at the saloon for a drink. Unfortunately, the locals always had a habit of picking on newcomers. When he finished, he found his horse had been stolen.

He comes back into the bar, handily flips his gun into the air, catches it above his head without even looking and fires a shot into the ceiling. “Who stole my horse?” he yelled with surprising forcefulness.

No one answered.

“I’m gonna have another beer and if my horse ain’t back outside by the time I’m finished, I’m gonna do what I dun back in Texas and I don’t want to have to do what I dun back in Texas!”

Some of the locals shifted restlessly.

He had another beer, walked outside, and his horse was back! He saddled up and started to ride out of town.

The bartender wandered out of the bar and asked, “Say partner, what happened in Texas?”

The cowboy turned back and said, “I had to walk home!”

48. RazielSoulReaver says:

Expensive Doctor

A young woman wasn’t feeling well, and asked one her co-workers to recommend a physician.

“I know a great one in the city, but he is very expensive. Five hundred dollars for the first visit, and one hundred dollars for each one after that.”

The woman went to the doctor’s office and, trying to save a little money, cheerily announced.

“I’m back!”

Not fooled for a second, the doctor quickly examined her and said, “Very good, just continue the treatment I prescribed on your last visit.”

49. RazielSoulReaver says:

Well what’s up! I’m here to try and deliver the goods, the show must go on, with or without ya, or regardless of what all the circumstances, well I hope you come with me for the ride. Time to stand and deliver, Fire In The Hole!

Lemons

A woman went to a Florida lemon grove to apply for a job, but the foreman thought she seemed way too qualified for the position. “Do you even have any actual experience picking lemons?” he asked.

“Well, I think I do.” she replied. “I’ve been divorced three times.”

50. PageDoll says:

Once someone does a rap song about a movement, its official. Sweet…

Benjiman – Old Skool

“It might be the memories of victories past
    It might be the wish of makin’ ‘em last
    What ever the case, I really don’t mind
    I like my bikes fresh, with the style of rewind
    From the the streets of LA to the banks of New York
    Kids wonder why my pegs are welded to to fork
    Wonder why rims are five spoke composite
    Wonder why my jeans ain’t from my girls closet”

Love it!

51. bigbarry says:

Marina great twitpic of you and your oysters oops lol
    nice sexy dress and your hair length (and color) almost
    back to the beginning. love it..

52. patrick says:

I’ll show you fast and h*#ning furious. Here comes trouble.

53. Anonymous says:

If an impatient driver presses the button on his steering wheel, would he be “hoonking” his “hoon”?

54. bigbarry says:

my dearest teacher, Marina you are looking GOOD almost like the old days lol
    great to see so many friends back on board keep on with your keepin on B.B.

55. Anonymous says:

Hello My Beautiful Teacher,
    Ok so I guess when I go to Australia I will know what to call the people who drive wrecklessly! Thanks for the video Marina.
    Your Loyal Student,
    Aaron

56. Camp Kohler - Sacramento CA says:

This is a test. I will be back later to clean it up.

Blog Name............Comments
    ...................Visible/Total
    Hoonas..............61/61

test test

• VenomRocK says:

Whenever I used a public computer especially at a library I ran into that same problem of all comments not showing up on the lessons pages. Only maybe a 1/4 of the comments would appear depending on how many total comments were posted. I asked one of their computer techs there and they suggested maybe it’s because they have a lot of firewalls and things like that setup on their computers. She didn’t know for sure because she wasn’t familiar with Marina’s site. I don’t run into that problem at home.

• Camp Kohler - Sacramento CA says:

There are two arguments against the “it’s the library’s fault” theory:
        1. This problem only started showing up in the last half-dozen or so blogs. How far back in time have you seen this problem?
        2. I had my sister look at two “bad” blogs using her own PC and she could see all the comments, including the Facebook and Twitter areas.

• VenomRocK says:

I would say maybe a month. But I don’t use the computer much at the library maybe two or three times in that month period and that’s where I noticed the problem that you’re talking about here.
          I got a little curious the other day and checked out this site on different computers at different locations.
          The first was at my work. And wouldn’t you know the same problem shows up there too. Not all comments appear.
          I then checked with a friend on their computer and everything shows up on theirs just like at my home.

So I don’t really know why that is. The only similarities I can see with the library and my work is they both use Windows XP for their running system and internet explorer for their browser but I don’t think that would cause any problems? My friend and I have different systems. I use Safari for my browser and he uses Mozilla Firefox for his.

About firewalls, I have no idea about that. The librarian is the one who suggested that.

….I can see today that the mystery still goes on.

57. Camp Kohler - Sacramento CA says:

I never heard of hoon before, but it reminds me of this: A favorite single-panel cartoon shows a street lined with cars at parking meters. A man walks by one of the spaces where a flying saucer is parked at a meter.A little green alien is standing next to the meter and asks the man, “You got change for a hern?”

58. Anonymous says:

HardUpForWords

59. Neuroway says:

Hoons on two wheels are called squids, and four wheelers are called cages in a certain circle of die-hard afficionados.

• VenomRocK says:

I’ve always heard the word ‘squid’ as being military slang for a US Navy sailor.
      An example:
      A Marine might say “Man, there are a lot of squids in here.”
      and the Sailor would respond “Maybe it’s because you’re on a ship, jarhead.”

60. Anonymous says:

Is it “splitting image” or “spitting image”?

61. Anonymous says:

M, are you a hoon on the road with your fancy car and all?

62. RazielSoulReaver says:

——— Father fined for tattooing toddler ———

ROME, Ga. – A Georgia man who pleaded guilty to tattooing his 2-year-old son has been fined $300 and sentenced to a year’s probation. Eugene Ashley, 26, was arrested in 2009 after the Department of Family and Children Services made a home visit and saw the letters “DB” tattooed on the toddler’s shoulder, the Rome (Ga.) News-Tribune reported Tuesday. When arrested, Ashley told police “DB” stood for “Daddy’s Boy.” The boy was three at the time, but District Attorney Leigh Patterson said the tattooing had occurred a year earlier. In Georgia it is illegal to tattoo a child younger than 18. Patterson called the crime egregious but said it would have been impossible to go to a jury with the case because of the victim’s age. “I don’t know if we would be able to elicit a testimony from a child,” Patterson said.

—– Ohio man charged for barking at police dog —–

MASON, Ohio – Police in Ohio said a man was charged with a misdemeanor count of teasing a police dog after he was spotted making barking sounds at the canine. Mason Police said Officer Bradley Walker was investigating a car crash outside the Mason Pub at about 2:30 a.m. Sunday when he heard the police dog in the back seat of his car “barking uncontrollably” in response to Ryan Stephens, 25, “making barking noises” and “hissing” at the animal, The Cincinnati Enquirer reported Wednesday. Walker said Stephens began to walk away from the scene and ignored commands to stop. He said he caught up with the suspect and asked him why he was harassing the canine. “The dog started it,” Stephens allegedly replied. Stephens, who Walker said appeared “highly intoxicated,” was released to a bar employee who promised to drive him home. He was ordered to appear in court April 21 to face a charge of teasing a police dog.

63. RazielSoulReaver says:

+———— Even More Bizarre April Holidays ———–+

April 21 is Kindergarten Day

April 22 is National Jelly Bean Day

April 23 is Read Me Day and World Laboratory Animal Day

April 24 is National Pigs In A Blanket Day

April 25 is National Zucchini Bread Day

April 26 is Richter Scale Day and National Pretzel Day

April 27 is Tell A Story Day

April 28 is Great Poetry Reading Day and Kiss-Your-Mate Day

April 29 is .National Shrimp Scampi Day

April 30 is National Honesty Day

64. RazielSoulReaver says:

I was going to write about a group of students at a Massachusetts prep school who have broken a world record by folding a 13,000-foot length of toilet paper in half 13 times…and while that is news worthy, I stumbled across a much more science fictiony article.

Researchers at Washington University have demonstrated that humans can control a cursor on a computer screen using words spoken in their head. In other words, Daily Tips Special For You

By directly connecting the patient’s brain to a computer, the researchers showed that the computer could be controlled with up to 90 percent accuracy even when no prior training was given to the subjects.

How is this miracle of science achieved? With a technique called electrocortiography — which involves placing electrodes directly onto a patient’s brain to record electrical activity.

If this doesn’t sound like The Matrix to you yet, keep reading.

In the future researchers hope to permanently insert implants into a patient’s brain to help restore functionality and, even more impressively, read someone’s mind.

Dr. Eric Leuthardt of Washington University School of Medicine said, “This is one of the earliest examples of what is called ‘reading minds’ — detecting what people are saying to themselves in their internal dialogue.”

And all you have to do is insert some wires into your brain. The government should be mandating it in about ten years.

65. RazielSoulReaver says:

The Redneck and the Chainsaw

A red neck walks into a hardware store and asks for a chain saw that will cut 6 trees in one hour. The salesman recommends the top of the line model. The red neck is suitably impressed, and buys it.

The next day he brings it back and says, “This chainsaw is defective. It would only cut down one tree and it took all the gosh-darned day!”

The salesman takes the chain saw, starts it up to see what’s wrong, and the red neck asks, “What’s that noise?

66. RazielSoulReaver says:

Neighbors in Montana

A sucessful business man became disenchanted with the stress of the fast life in the big city and decides to chuck it all. He takes his savings and purchases a large ranch in the middle of nowhere in Montana.

After a couple of months of enjoying the solitude he hears the drumming of hoofbeats outside his cabin. Grabbing his rifle he challenges the man riding up on the horse.

“Hold it neighbor” the man says, ” I’m your neighbor, I have a ranch only six miles from here, and I want to invite you to a Welcome Party I’m throwing for you next Saturday. There’s going to be music, dancing, hugging, kissing, drinking, fighting…. We’ll have a great time”.

Not wanting to be unneighborly the new rancher lowers the rifle and ask’s ” How should I dress?”

” Aw, don’t matter” replied the neighbor, ” Only gonna be the two of us”.

67. RazielSoulReaver says:

Nerd Overpopulation

This truck driver hauling a tractor-trailer load of computers stops for a beer. As he approaches the bar he sees a big sign on the door saying “Nerds Not Allowed – Enter At Your Own Risk!” He goes in and sits down.

The bartender comes over to him, sniffs, says, “You smell kind of nerdy. What do you do for a living?”

The truck driver says, “I drive a truck, and the smell is just from the computers I am hauling.”

The bartender says, “Okay, truck drivers are not nerds.” and serves him a beer. As he is sipping his beer, a skinny guy walks in with tape around his glasses, a pocket protector with twelve kinds of pens and pencils, and a belt at least a foot too long. The bartender, without saying a word, pulls out a shotgun and blows the guy away.

The truck driver said, totally shocked, “Why did you do that?”

The bartender said, “Not to worry, the nerds are overpopulating Silicon Valley and are in season now. You don’t even need a license.”

The truck driver finishes his beer, gets back in his truck, and heads back onto the freeway. Suddenly he veers to avoid an accident, and the load shifts. The back door breaks open and computers spill out all over the freeway. He jumps out and sees a crowd already forming, grabbing up the computers. They are all engineers, accountants and programmers wearing the nerdiest clothes he has ever seen.

He can’t let them steal his whole load. So, remembering what happened in the bar, he pulls out his gun and starts blasting away, felling several of them instantly. A highway patrol officer comes zooming up and jumps out of the car screaming at him to stop.

The truck driver said, “What’s wrong? I thought nerds were in season.”

“Well, sure,” said the patrolman. “But you can’t bait ‘em.”

68. Neuroway says:

Hmm… Perchance it would be best that the “Get out of the way” replica be given to the fast, furious and aggressive hoon and not to the slow, happy and calm monday morning driver? Unless the latter is trying to act like the parrot of the former?

• Neuroway says:

Wotta? Think profound, says I? Bah! No problemo! Just pump some wisdom the hard way inside the thick leather skull of the greedy spoiled brats in question, beat their senses a bit par-ci par-là à droite à gauche and they’ll quickly start thinking very profoundly, unless they’re dumb as a rock, I tell you it is true! Not sure about what they gonna say though! Perhaps the sound coming out of their mouth won’t be very pleasing to hear…

69. RazielSoulReaver says:

Hello there Marina! Fast cars, and bad drivers, illegal street car races and chases, just like the fast and furious, I loved that movie! Very good lesson, and very good choice to go with, Hoon, I always loved and adored Australian words/terms/slangs. I don’t remember to much of them anymore, but they call women Shela over there. Like Dez says it does seem to be very close, and very well could be part of a Dr. Suess book, Hoo-Hoon. Yeah there are to many hoons around here where I’m at, I was and can be one at times, but after a few tickets, I like to and believe and hope that was enough to cure the hooness in me! Neo Out! Peace!

Speaking of strange Australian words…

Waltzing Matilda :-)

71. Dezdkado says:

A bill has been introduced in the Texas legislature to increase the highway speed limit to 85 mph (about 137 kph). Unless you’re on a long, empty stretch of road, I don’t see this as a good idea. I doubt that the bill will pass the requisite tests and safety studies before it is even voted upon; but if it does pass, being a hoon (in the sense of speeding) may become a legal privilege of licensed drivers. I think, even without the safety issues, that with the current price of fuel drivers would be hesitant to zoom along at those speeds. But then I get in my car, get out on the highway, and get passed by a couple of nut-jobs in a hurry to get to WalMart.

• RazielSoulReaver says:

It is like they want to create hoons, cars and all types of vehicles that go way faster than really needed, or always way about most speed limits, but the cops and such have cars just as faster or faster than most things on or off the road. Nascar is a big time sport, and jacking up that speed limit to 85 MPH. Every where you look you see fast cars, and how fun and great it is to do so! Hey Dez, how are you, what’s up lately. Is it even safe in the streets anymore, for anyone to drive and stay safe/feel safe, and not have people tailgating, and riding your bumper, or passing, and risking their lives and others, it’s a jungle out there, It only takes a split second for an accident or crash to happen. Transfusion – Nervous Norvus
      Have a good one Dez! Neo Out! Peace!

72. Anonymous says:

We’ve got plenty of Hoons on the roads of New Jersey! Even on the 25 MPH residential roads!

Marina. Do you know who is using Pedantic Karl’s Facebook page now. Someone just up loaded a mobile picture to it using Karls identity?

74. Samuel says:

So nice to be back in school with the world’s Hottest Teacher! Simply gorgeous image, I hardly want to press the play button… except I love to hear your voice and see you move, thanx again for another lesson. I know that you love the long, obscure, ‘college words’, and we all do, but I was wondering, what are the roots of the word {crazy} ? I’d bet you could have some crazy {fun} with that investigation. We are always ready to learn, Dear Teacher.

75. Dezdkado says:

In my neighborhood there are no hoons (whether pimps or risky drivers), but my city and state are overrun with them. For the Southerners in the crowd… would that make cops hoon-dogs when they are chasing down offenders of the traffic laws? I agree with one of the earlier comments, that the use of this word in the US would likely get confused with a racial slur. So if the Monday morning commute is terrible, be careful to whom you shout the term “hoon.”

• Samuel says:

I would agree that high-speed pursuits must be considered as ‘hooning’. Very reckless, very stupid driving by the ones who should know better.

• Evan Owen says:

So what state are you in? I’m permanently in a state of confusion. (I say Washington, and anyone Chicago and eastward thinks “D.C.”)

Speaking of the South, this AM I came across this by AP writer Bruce Smith of South Carolina, writing about upcoming Civil War re-enactments:

For re-enactors, the hobby isn’t cheap. A replica musket, jackets, pants, brogans and shirts can easily cost $1,400. That’s for a basic kit. It’s more if you portray an officer or a Calvary soldier…

Read more:

The HFW site is a bad influence on me: I sent him the etymologies of {calvary} and {cavalry} and asked him how much it cost for a {gladiolus} :-D

• Dezdkado says:

I’d love to see the etymologies of all of your selected words. If you’re dead, the flowers are free.

I lived in the DC area for 11 years and no one there called it “Washington.” “Washington” always referred to the state or the President. “DC” was far too convenient a term to go looking for another… or “the district” was used by reporters. My mother’s family spent quite a bit of time in Washington, mostly the Tacoma area. I have a great grandfather buried near there. I am a Texan, but I often say to my neighbors, “Yo soy Texicano.”

• Evan Owen says:

Speaking of etymology, is “Desdichado” the opposite of “Baruch”? :-D

Texas! Kinky Friedman, They Ain’t Making Jews Like Jesus Anymore

• Evan Owen says:

Sorry, that was a bit over the top…
            Back to your request:
            {cavalry}: from Italian cavallo, “horse”
            {calvary}: related to Latin calvus, “bald”; translation of:
            {golgotha}: Aramaic, “place of the skull”
            {gladiolus}: Flower with sword-shaped leaves, from the Welsh cleddyf, “sword.”
            Geez, I can’t stay serious for more than a paragraph…

• Dezdkado says:

Yes it is opposite, though Sir Walter Scott used it to imply another meaning that is also applicable to me. Kinky Friedman… wow, he’s half a bubble off plumb, but he has a knack for entertaining… and cutting through BS. He has quite the following in Texas. He even ran for Governor… twice, I think. I wonder, when he goes to temple does he greet folks with, “Shalom Aleichem, y’all”?

• VenomRocK says:

I was thinking the same thing.

76. LeoNaRD says:

Are agents pimps?(pimples?) 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 Magnum 4 Speed

The race of little people ran short of driving me …the winner was tall …on went the horse…Ben Hur – The Chariot race…………..

…the hoonies meeting the loonies….ps-Marina!…good taste with your choice of automobile—1970 426 Hemi Plum Crazy RT Mopar Dodge ………did the Plymouth Fury come from Furious?…Actual 1958 Plymouth Fury Christine Used in Moochie Chase …. 64 fury…..christine 58 fury….richard petty fury

So I saw “hoon” and thought, “Beth ydy’r hwn“?

OK, OK, just another lame bilingual pun…

78. Anonymous says:

Still waiting to see if the government is going to shut down…

pray for hope!

That was an interesting one. I never heard of Hoon. I have called people a lot of things, but a hoon, Hmmmm ?????

80. LeoNaRD says:

Soon the dirt was clean…dirty? Lightning McQueen gets a lesson in racing from Doc.
    …gas for the economy…dedicated to a dead brother….Sox & Martin Vs. Richard Petty – Superbird Match Race! …jah ever driver in teams…TV Intro – Mister Magoo cartoon (1964-1965) …what about it?

Dear Marina,
    How nice to see you in another video. You’ve been busy with a trip to New York and a vacation at Yellowstone Park. BTW, were there any yellow stones, there? Well, I hadn’t seen you since your March 19th video on “hysterical.” Before that was the February 28th video on “brand new.” These long intervals between videos are hard for me to endure because I like to see you.
    So a “hoon” is someone who drives badly or carelessly. I guess it could also be a verb if “to hoon” means to drive badly. With gasoline now at $4.15 per gallon, here, I just don’t drive very much. It would cost over $100 in gasoline for me to drive to Los Angeles and back. Someday, I’d like to drive down and treat you to a nice meal. If I can afford all that gasoline, then I’d be able to afford the bill at a nice restaurant!
    SeesixCM6

82. patrick says:

Most generations have some sort of reckless driving fads. “Chicken”(Rebel Without a Cause) Drag Racing before it went ligit, even Stock Car racing was an off-shoot of moonshining. And there is the genral late night corner squeel or burning patches. HotforWords High

83. Lee Conavay says:

Back (way back) in High School, I had a teacher who called seagulls “hoons”. I think it was due to the sound they make, and not their driving habits.

84. Anonymous says:

Dear Marina(My Moms Name 2)
    Real Nice Video,
    Hope You Will have nice day

85. Anonymous says:

My Marina, You are looking Lovely Today…. I’m feeling a little Hoony right now… I can’t let them Hooners pass my Hot-Rod; but sometimes it’s better to just stay out of their way.

86. Anonymous says:

87. Anonymous says:

Hi, Marina,
    Missed your web presence. Hope your biz trip was fruitful for you. For me, even an “archived” vid is better than no Marina. Hooning is a fascinating term. My favorite was from a Brit car mag, ‘Max Power,’ I think, whose subtitle was “The Definitive Guide to Arsing About in Cars.” Arsing about. The Brits have a way, don’t they? Stay safe.
    xoxodc

88. Anonymous says:

Wouldn’t use that term in the USA.
    Sounds too close to the alternate “N” word.