Platonic

Platonic.. hmm… not so innocent after all?  So was Socrates a pedophile? Learn about it all in this video :-) When I say I love you in a platonic sense at the end, what am I really saying?
Please thumb-up, favorite, and comment over at YouTube to help the video as well.  Thanks! :-)

305 Responses to Platonic

1. l-p-r says:

Omphalophobia

2. I want to write something about one (or the one??) of your best vidéo eva : i think it’s the start of your truly natural way of recording em’, no?? what i think is that this vidéo is very rich lol(im listening to you as im writing it’s better to understand what you say actually hm) so it’s very rich on the language aspect, i mean it’s hard to understand everything, except some leding to some natural emotions although it seems to me that you refer about human (or men lol ) intelligence which is in a way surprising because it makes feel intelligent among others sentiments(if you follow me…), and im laughing with you at the end which is so nice( im losting it!!) wait i reload the video…
    I, must, say, that, it’s really strange because you seem to be speaking to me personnaly and makes me feel awesomly good (i just can’t tell it’s hm cool really)
    I want to say something about some things you say that im not really sure to understand : are you (lol) are you complimenting your listeners :o :grin: :?:
    It’s really cool to write on your voice actually because you answer al the question im asking myself as i am , writing ( in that case im thinking that’s what i feel while watching your videos btw, you answer all the questions a male can ask himself while watching a woman, in my case alone ah… and i find it very (irrronic lol) no ah very confusing in fact, i guess.. mnot sure anymore : “reload!! please!” )
    So if i follow the lesson quite right i think im writing something() without any sexual meaning lol( u make me laugh ) so lets get started you just kill me…
    Why do i feel SO happy listening to you i don’t understand , maybe is it because i feel free to feel secure in feelings itself, that’s what im telling me. I remember have watch this video as thinking she must have sign a rel good contract to smile that way. And i now remember your “anything” on twitter that’s right. I guess i was as happy as you on this vidéo when you actually say that to me, and only me…
    I guess im doing my part of the work as i write you this marina about this vidéo and have still issues to consider myself as an intelligent person (it’s because of my past, i can explain it to you if you ask me to..) but i have not much problems considering myself in love with a person (hihihi) :grin:
    Till the next im gonna reload some few others time this video which makes me happy to watch and to think that i know you a bit… so have an awesome week end lasting till the end of times!! cheers!
    nicolas d.

3. gravityboy says:

I was listening to this one and working on my programs and I heard a whistle-slide-ding at 2:30 and it completely freaked me out and made me jump out of my seat. :shock:
    So I started watching again and really noticed those beautiful eyes you have.

Here is something wild, they made an exact duplicate of the Parthenon in Nashville…

4. It means you love me in a “teacher student love affair” kind of way.

5. swampwiz says:

I wonder if it was Russian speakers like Marina that had immigrated to the USA and settled in New York City 100 years ago that caused the present NOO YAWK accent with it’s pronunciation of “church” as “choich”. :mrgreen:

6. smokey36bear says:

Homework: Yes there wer a few girls in my past that I have had Platonic relationships with. It wasn’t unill later in life I found out that they wanted more. At that time I was with someone and then when I was free of the ball and chain they were married.

7. This lesson has been stuck in my head since the first time I viewed it. A few of the greatest loves of my life have been absolutely non-sexual relationships with women, and I deeply cherish them. They were like none other, and I’ll be forever grateful for the bonds that resulted from my life’s intersection with their beautiful souls.

Thanks again for this lesson, Marina. And for HotForWords.

Always.

8. nw2394 says:

Ah, we all love you platonically too :oops:

Nick

9. buzzword says:

wtf! equating apes with the ignorance of the dark ages? this would be more appropriate. platonic relationships are so 300 bc, i prefer gin and tonic relationships.

10. PageDoll says:

Wodka

“Ainamals” I know its not a V or a W, but its just so damn cute. That, and the eye roll at 2:15 I know, I’m sorry, I’ll stop now. :lol:

Do you have a glass of Vater?

Vhat?

11. stigmatasaurus says:

‘Peace after war’ would be ‘Pax post bellum.’ You said ‘PEACE before MARS (the god of war). I think you really meant ‘Pars post bellum’= ‘A PIECE after the war!’ ;-)

Wow! You’re SMOKIN’ in this screen cap, Marina!

Anyway, I just loved everything about this lesson. The good old theme song, the material, the length, technical quality – Thank you.

And Holy Testosterone you always look incredible in blue!

Always.

13. How about the word quiz. i have heard that a guy made it up to prove he could invent a word and have it become commonplace.

14. deluxenn says:

In a platonic sense, we can love any object without caring of what the object thinks about this. :mrgreen:
    This is not a platonic love if the object can’t think, this is a diagnosis. :roll:

15. leoNard says:

Does food count or only food you “love”?

[[[PLANK]]]

?… yay. Supersized Internet Models

Hello everyone,
    I see a lot of new people here and I also see a lot
    of old timers that have returned to say hi.

When you have a moment, go to your profile and fill it out.

You can go to your profile in one of 3 ways.
    1. Click on your name which takes you to your Activity channel.
    2. Click on your avatar in the Recent Comments section on the right.
    3. Use the My Account link at the very top, left.

When you are in your Activity channel,
    click Profile, then Edit Profile.

After you are completed, click the Public link
    which will show you what the Profile looks like to the public.

Here is an example of what my profile looks like.

Oh god, I’ve done it again…all the “recent comments” are red dragons…I’m hopelessly addicted to HFW (sob) :cry:

♪ For philosophy mighty and pure cogitation,
    There’s none could compete with the Classical Greek;
    If thinking were drinking and jollification,
    An ocean of booze would have lasted a week.
    Democritus, Plato and good old Pythagoras,
    Socrates, Zeno, Protagoras too.
    Don’t forget Aristotle, his blood should be bottled,
    Fair play to the whole philosophical crew. ♫
    – Mark Graham

So-called Greek civilization:

At a time when Greeks treated their women like property, in Celtic society, women were roughly the equals of men. :grin: If a woman brought more property to the household than the man when she got married, she made the household rules. :cool: A Celtic woman could have sex with a man besides her husband, as long as she did not embarrass him by consorting with a man of lesser status. :shock: They fought on the battlefield, too; Boudicca beat the cr*p out of the occupying Romans in Britain after Roman soldiers violated her two daughters. :twisted:

Incidentally, we staged a raid on Greece in 293 BC; disgusted with the lot of effete pedophile women-abusers, we moved on and founded Galatia. :cool:

[Galatia] — as in Paul’s letters :smile:
    [Ancyra] — “anchor” of a nation :cool:
    [Ankara] — yes, the Celts founded the capital of Turkey! :grin:
    [Angora] — yes, we got a sweater out of all that; “oes gafr eto?” :razz:

Homework:

I had a platonic relationship with a woman for 20 years. We worked together on church projects, were co-mentors in Toastmasters, shared an interest in Celtic history, and supported each other emotionally through our divorces. :smile:

Then one night we watched a belly-dancing show together, came home and tore each other’s clothes off. :shock: Three weeks later, our whirlwind romance crashed and burned. :cry:

My new channel is complete!

22. Moose ant Skvirrel vill be getting beeg keeks from posting here – Da?
    (Hyeh Hyeh) :mrgreen:
    Word Request: Intumescent

23. banana55 says:

Hi Teacher,

I would like to put in a word request for [earmark]

Thanks!

24. kolia says:

Hi, all the nice people!

What is the meaning of [ elope ]?

25. VenomRocK says:

Marina, :smile:

I really enjoyed your perspective on platonic, very informative. Your delivery of this lesson has that intimate feel from your earlier videos, the classic opening theme and blooper reel were nice to see too but with your red hot new look :razz:
    I like blue, You look electric :cool:
    On the lesson, I don’t know if you should’ve used that pic of the chimp when you mentioned moron :|
    and yes HISTORY repeats itself. One thing we learn from history is that we learn nothing from history. The peoples and their governments have never learned anything from history, or acted upon lessons they may have drawn from it. Just read about history and take a look around at some of the shit that’s going on….But hey this guy had the goods on Plato ;-)

About platonic relationships I’ve had them and one in particular where I wanted it to be more went like this: platonic (she was a very good friend)+initiate sex=bye, bye friendship :sad: permanent ’till this day. Oh well, live and learn.

@marina You experienced Temple Of The Dog “Say Hello 2 Heaven”

26. aLx says:

what the fuck happened to the forum? D:

@Marina, I posted some self reflecting thoughts
    on the Help Group page and the associated
    Help Group Forum.

The Help Group page reminds me more of a Facebook Wall,
    where a member’s Activity page which is similar, is more
    likened to a Twitter users Home page.

The question I have is this and I’m sure you have thought
    about it also. I see similarities between the Group feature
    and the Forum. They each have their pros and cons.

One key element that is different is that one is not able to
    edit an update to the Group Home page, but in the Forum, one
    is able to edit one’s posting. Any thoughts about the Forum
    versus Group page and editing?

28. lars2 says:

Yes, I could like and get used to a platonic relationship with Marina !

Marina just taught me how to change my avatar !
    (from a TRACE image of a spectacular magnetic loop in the solar photosphere, to this, a VLA radio image of the Galactic Center Radio Arc)
    Thanks Marina for reinstalling all that stuff at the top of the page !

[now I can change it weekly, to keep anyone from being bored]

- – -

One reason I keep returning to the H4W website is it’s pleasant here. No angst and fear as on so many of the political websites warning about the dire state of the world and what horrible thing happened today.

Marina lives like we all would live if this was a sane world, and bordering on a utopia; which we could have if our planet’s countries weren’t all infested by criminals in the top levels of government, military, industry and the sciences.

I see that George is doing well
    and still smiling at me. Since its
    been sunny, I see George has
    some shade now. Keep smiling George!

30. John says:

marina,
    And Satan is Gods most loyal angel even while being a bit of a devil.

31. Dalek says:

Ok, you gave me a prospective to think about.
    Civilization, go figure…

32. deluxenn says:

Teacher loves us in a platonic way
    What else to say, what else to say
    Plato was gay
    But I’m not and I’m hot
    I love my Teacher as she prefer
    Just need adjectives to a word
    To get it physically more
    sweet platonic, strong platonic,
    nerdy platonic, dirty platonic,
    hard platonic, crazy platonic,
    atomic platonic, sweaty platonic… :grin:

33. seankim says:

i would like to request the phrase [wax and wane].

34. pandion says:

This was another great lesson thank you. It seemed you were in a hurry, and could have gone on about this word for a few more minutes.

I have a few platonic friends, that originally, I wished it could have been more, but things turned out for the best. One in particular was a great wingman (“wing person” just does not sound right) at parties. :smile:

Now, I have a craving for baklava.

35. osiris999 says:

Coquettish Give !!! :roll: Catwomen , hope you are declawed !!! LOL !!! :cool:

36. thematrix75 says:

Hello Marina,I love your new website!Platonic sure has undergone different meanings through the years.See you later Teacher,and the best of luck to you,and everyone else!Good bye :!: :cool: :smile:

I have a neww video! My first “proper” video as a partner… Please can you all spread the word?

MEOW!

Good morning world and a great morning to you Marina. May you all have a wonderful day.

39. leoNard says:

I’m at the stage of requirering a personal slave! I think love needs help like a boss and her secretary or a painter and his paints. Soul being…the burning love!!!! :twisted:

Well, they’ll stone ya when you’re trying to be so good,
    They’ll stone ya just a-like they said they would.
    :cool:

They’ll stone ya when you’re tryin’ to go home.
    Then they’ll stone ya when you’re there all alone.
    But I would not feel so all alone,
    Everybody must get stoned.

Well, they’ll stone ya when you’re walkin’ ‘long the street.
    They’ll stone ya when you’re tryin’ to keep your seat.
    They’ll stone ya when you’re walkin’ on the floor.
    They’ll stone ya when you’re walkin’ to the door.
    But I would not feel so all alone,
    Everybody must get stoned.

They’ll stone ya when you’re at the breakfast table.
    They’ll stone ya when you are young and able.
    They’ll stone ya when you’re tryin’ to make a buck.
    They’ll stone ya and then they’ll say, “good luck.”
    Tell ya what, I would not feel so all alone,
    Everybody must get stoned.

Well, they’ll stone you and say that it’s the end.
    Then they’ll stone you and then they’ll come back again.
    They’ll stone you when you’re riding in your car.
    They’ll stone you when you’re playing your guitar.
    Yes, but I would not feel so all alone,
    Everybody must get stoned.

Well, they’ll stone you when you walk all alone.
    They’ll stone you when you are walking home.
    They’ll stone you and then say you are brave.
    They’ll stone you when you are set down in your grave.
    But I would not feel so all alone,
    Everybody must get stoned. …..Marina: you did a perfect 10 ;-)

40. Muhammad says:

Hey Marina,
    What’s the origin of the word [mirror]?

I really like this lesson. I like the intro theme music and visuals.
    I know that you had brought it back in the “Secretary” video also.

There was something different in the way you did the presentation and I can’t put my finger on it. Perhaps it was a slower delivery, maybe it was more of a delivery that tells a story directly to me, a more personable delivery as opposed to delivering a script. Whatever the change, I like it.

Somehow, I was reminded of the story teller in this animation;
    “Hedgehog in the Fog”. I was drawn in by the story teller. It’s the kind of experience one has when listening to the great story tellers on the radio or in person.

I think you would make an excellent story teller and it would be great to have you do a video one time of a fable or a story similar to “The Little Match Girl” Perhaps the short story or fable is related to the origin of a word somehow.

• lars2 says:

Hi Karl,
      Marina seems more relaxed, like an inner anxiety issue has been settled unconsciously. (I can still hear Kathi yelling, “Stop trying to psychoanalyze me !”) It’s one of my ‘platonic ways’ of trying to see deeper into problem solving with others. Sorry Kath if I got under your skin too much. Maybe I should refrain from doing this sort of speculation.

- – -

All too many relationships have been only platonic !
      And not enough sexual relationships have ventured into what’s going on with us in the intellectual/emotional interior landscape, so we end up splitting up for lack of communication.

My last 10 years have seen much more of a Zen Master type of orientation to the world. Perhaps I’ll improve to the point of being able to have a successful relationship now. Would be nice !

- – -

I do love Marina’s including her funny out-takes at the video’s end, that’s one of her endearing qualities ! Being able to share her own mis-takes with us. Her honesty runs that deep ! and is why we all love and admire her so much.

• Capman911 says:

I agree Karl. She did an outstanding delivery of the lesson. So relaxed and professional. But what can you say she is a classy act. :smile:

42. doncross2bear says:

Hi, Teach!
    Been in a couple or three platonic (current definition) relationships over the years, even one “semi-platonic” ? One fine night, she smiled at me and said, “Don, friends do it too, y’know.” To which I replied, “uhh…okay.”
    Really love the still for this lesson above. It’d make a helluva postage stamp, you purty thing, you. And I love the way you’ve redecorated the classroom! A lot of work indeed. Which reminds me: I seem to recall you calling a spring break recently for the 300 mil celebration. And here you are, busting yer lil’ butt AND getting a lesson out, to boot. I know it’s your vocation and you have a killer worth ethic (that’s hot), but don’t forget to take some Marina Time for yourself to avoid burnout. I nag because I care.
    Love to Teacher,
    xoxodc

43. Zac Watson says:

Marina,

I would like to know the origin of the phrase[buck naked]which I guess means really naked! It is sometimes mispronounced as “butt naked” which is not the original phrase. Thank you.

Zac

44. Erini says:

Hi, can you please do videos on Deadline, Brag Sheet, Fake. Thank you very much..I really want to know why thery are called those names…
    By the way, I learn alot from you..Thanks! :smile:

45. EthanCaineDotCom says:

SHE SAID SEXUAL!!! My doodle is raging… :lol:

46. rosiecheeks says:

MARINA,
    this is a good word request

Recently, i’ve had a loss of appetite. I can’t eat anything. I do not think i am fat, i weigh 90 pounds, if anything i want to GAIN weight. The thought of eating disgusts me. I try to eat, but i end up spitting out the food that i chew at the end of my meal. When i am hungry, i DO eat. Sometimes, i overeat. Sometimes i forget to eat w/my work and school schedule. Anyways, what i am getting at here….IS there a difference between (ANOREXIA) and (ANOREXIA NERVOSA)? Anorexia means loss of appetite. Anorexia Nervosa means fear of eating. When i look on the internet, some ppl say that Anorexia is SHORT for Anorexia Nervosa, half of the other ppl claim there is IN FACT a difference. Please settle this for me.

• matalexwolf says:

Rosiecheeks, this disorder can catch up really quick if you arnt careful! Have been unable enjoy foods for nine years. A visit to South East Asia put me right for a while, as best food ever, plus in a happy time of life for me. Sadly the not able to eat soon caught up again, a friend made me realise after being full up on one slice of Pizza or making excuses to leave half way through the meal, to go and puke! Even under weekly super vision for a year now, a problem with keeping it down is a bitch at times. Fruit and rice in small amounts is manageable with daily vit and min sups taken. There is help available but I think its more down to you to avoid worry or stress, or able to manage it if you are so and lucky enough to have good close family and friends there to support you. Not baggering off dyeing all at once as most of mine have!! Try to avoid sugary foods and drinks, starchy foods as well, unless you’re a farmer working long physical days that is! Read ‘Big Fat Lies’ by Hannah Sutter, admittedly I havnt read it however, many a Govt. has tried/ is trying to silence this Lawyer author, as the world sugar association is such a profitable organisation for them. Plus with medical sales to counter balance the harm caused, destroy you while making a profit then patch you back up again, while making a profit…. always down to money! Anyhoo, get happy quick as you can, so to get your appetite rocking once again. be well :)

• whatimeitis says:

You need some “medical pot” :lol:

• Evan Owen says:

Think positively and remember the French motto:
      G a (j’ai gran appetite!) :mrgreen:

• pedanticKarl says:

Hi Rosie,
      You actually described Anorexia Nervosa very well and in layman’s terms, the terms Anorexia and Anorexia Nervosa are interchangeable.

The word anorexia by itself just means loss of appetite as you stated. The word nervosa means nervous or relating to fear.

The word anorexia is amplified by adding the word nervosa which then adds additional meaning which refers to the psychological disorder.

So, medically speaking, there is no difference. They are two terms referring to the same condition. One is just a shorthand version of the other.

P.S.
      As an aside, this is an interesting word having to do with food.
      I’ve known a few people like this.

Orthorexia nervosa
      Denote an eating disorder characterized by
      excessive focus on eating healthy foods.

47. jmcargal says:

Three comments:
    1. Marina speaks of Plato as an artistic type. But isn’t he more of a nerd? He is very analytical, and he placed a huge value on mathematics (to him geometry) even if he didn’t contribute to it. His academy said above its door “Let no man enter who loves not geometry.”
    2. Marina speaks of women being left out of the intellectual loop, so to speak, but one of the last of the ancient Greek mathematician/philosophers was Hypatia of Alexandria, albeit 800 years later.
    3. Marina suggests that under the reality of that time, that sex did not have the priority to people that it does now. I think that maybe Marina has been hitting the books a little too much.

Lastly, I guess this would be comment 4. Isn’t the nature of the relationship between Plato and Socrates a matter of everlasting controversy?

48. pat says:

The biggest bummer is when every relationship ends up being platonic. Then there are the ones that you wished remained platonic. :|

49. PaparazziKid says:

The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.

One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn’t pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.

All of life’s Fascinations can’t be stuffed into a little box

Once you begin to believe there is help "e;out there,"e; you will know it to be true.

Hate is like acid. It can damage the vessel in which it is stored as well as destroy the object on which it is poured.

To keep our faces toward change, and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate, is strength undefeatable.

To find oneself jilted is a blow to one’s pride. One must do one’s best to forget it and if one doesn’t succeed, at least one must pretend to.

If you wish to live a life free from sorrow, think of what is going to happen as if it had already happened.

Great things are not something accidental, but must certainly be willed.

We become just by performing just actions, temperate by performing temperate actions, brave by performing brave actions.

Never say anything on the phone that you wouldn’t want your mother to hear at your trial. :lol: :lol:

Since the human body tends to move in the direction of its expectations-plus or minus-it is important to know that attitudes of confidence and determination are no less a part of the treatment program than medical science and technology. (don’t understand that one)

If you prepare for old age, old age comes sooner.

If fear is cultivated it will become stronger, if faith is cultivated it will achieve mastery.

In the long run, the pessimist may be proved to be right, but the optimist has a better time on the trip.

If enough people think of a thing and work hard enough at it, I guess it’s pretty nearly bound to happen, wind and weather permitting.

1 Give to the world the best you have I and the best will come back to you.

The words "e;I am …"e; are potent words; be careful what you hitch them to. The thing you’re claiming has a way of reaching back and claiming you.

***The only prison we need to escape from is the prison of our own minds.*** :smile:

A critic is someone who never actually goes to the battle, yet who afterwards comes out shooting the wounded.

50. gregory g mcbride says:

Marina,
    Well my first relationship was platonic, I regreted it for a very long time.
    That was about 29yrs ago and she asked me out about 6yrs ago on Christmass Day and I stated that I couldn’t date her and that I realy regrette. :oops: :mrgreen: :twisted: :!:
    Gregory G McBride

51. Moose and Squirrel says:

I am really liking this new site Marina. It has character and style.

Marina could you add back in the codes for bold, Href, and so on. Some of us for get them. :oops:

53. PageDoll says:

I don’t know if its the site change or what, but I am seeing so many people from months and years gone by come out of the woodwork lately. I for one, am digging it big time. :grin:
    Now, if tig shows up I’ll fall out of my chair and twitpic it. I “wheely wheely” will.
    Tig was so funny. :lol:

54. PaparazziKid says:

uh! It’s these kind of Youtube names that tick me off… “Hot platonic sex” Marina, the video is clearly about relationships WITHOUT a sexual relationship. It’s a stupid scheme to lure boys from ages 13-30 :evil: :evil:

55. leoNard says:

Ask me no question and I tell you no lie!

56. salton says:

hey can u investigate this word [cougar] :idea:
    thx

57. AllynTygrrr says:

Actually, technically platonic relationships don’t suck.

But no, I’ve never had a platonic relationship with someone I wanted more from, although I have had platonic relationships with people who wanted more from me.

Hmmm…

58. samuel3d says:

Hey Marina, did you get a Tattoo on your arm and why? :cry:

59. okay4now says:

I love, love, love platonic relationships with certain people, they’re married, girlfriend of friend, much, much older… It is truly the worst imbalance I know of when feelings are no longer reciprocated platonically–it just absolutely sucks :!: Also, note to women: Don’t keep “friends” around who are in love with you when you’re not in love with them as no good ever, ever comes from it.

60. dhrtyjsn says:

Hello Marina. Since there will be quite a few graduations coming up in the next few months, I was wondering about the origin of the word [punch] as in the drink commonly served at graduation parties.

:o Platonic :!:

:| that seems to beg the question :arrow:

“Who Was in My Room Last Night!” a song by Butthole Surfers

:shock:

Dear Marina,
    Thank you for another nice video this Thursday. You’re so sexy and lovely in that tiny blue dress. :razz:
    Platonic love isn’t bad. It could be the love between you and your mother, so that must be good. Also, some people love inanimate objects, such as their car. I love my 2007 Aveo because it’s reliable and takes me where I need to go. It even kept me dry during the log drive to Riverside and back, in horrible, rainy weather! I wash it, wax it, and bought gasoline for it, today. I;m sure you do the same for your car, the Mercedes-Benz. If you love your car, I’m sure it’s only platonic. :razz:
    I love certain foods, such as pizza, so that’s platonic. I heard that you love That Chicken Soup, and that probably is platonic. You’re so thin and slender, you probably don’t eat very much, anyway!
    BTW, platonic love doesn’t suck, if you know what that means! :razz:
    Seesixcm6

63. Marina has always been the one platonic “friend” that will likely never be anything more than that. Of course, this doesn’t stop me from teasing and flirting with her – heh heh :mrgreen:
    Can I get an AMEN! (?)

64. CheVolay says:

Platonic relations yeah they happen for one reason or another. Not every relationship has to include sex. Wouldn’t want to miss out on meeting and conversing with interesting people if a hidden agenda was the motivation.

That was a very great lesson. Yes I have had a few platonic relationships, but I did not want them to go any further that what they did. Some just happened like a one nighter others were planned out just for the sex. Well that was what she was alluding to wasn’t she. :lol:

66. sniperskaya says:

Marina, I love how you say “evwolved”.
    But I’m confused – didn’t “ped” originally mean “foot”?
    So was Plato into feet? (Is that why ancient Greece was de-feeted?)
    How did “pedophile” come to refer to someone who has sex with children?
    I like you as a friend…

67. nighteye says:

Marina, in this video you look absolutely gorgeous. I really like this look ;-)

68. hotrocky says:

The solution to the problem of involuntarily platonic relationships is to study with David Deangelo and his “Double Your Dating” materials. Nobody teaches men to be men these days; Mom teaches you how to be a Wussy. Women are not attracted to Wussies. I have been a rock and blues musician most of my life, along with the lifestyle that goes with that profession, and I was married three times, but when I studied David’s lessons, I still learned priceless information I wish I had known 50 years ago. DD is a real master of the subject.

• “Nobody teaches men to be men these days…”

Totally agree. And that doesn’t mean beating-the-other-kid-up-on-the-playground-machismo B.S. Honor, virtue, respect, chivalry-aw,heck, I’ll let it go now.

(The late, great Col. Jeff Cooper called this the “Age of the Wimp.”)

• HotForWords says:

You are so true hotrocky! There is a lady by the name of Dr. Pat Allen and she teaches the exact same thing about men being taught to be pussies! And women are ultimately regretting it!

• hotrocky says:

Exactly! A real woman wants to be connected with a real man, who has a life and knows what he likes. Neediness is not attractive. Most men think, “I’m too old, fat, poor, short, skinny, etc.” That’s not attractive either. If they had confidence and satisfaction and were, like, “I’m having a great time; life is magnificent; want to play?” they would be far more attractive. Now, I’m still pretty good-looking and I’m a minor celebrity, but I’m also 72, with white hair and some extra baggage around the middle, but I can still make the lady’s eyes twinkle because I keep my own personal power and I’m fun to interact with. Too many men think masculinity is a bunch of macho posturing when it’s really being centered and on purpose.

• iluv2cutfarts says:

I’ve read his stuff. He has a pretty cool, but predictable approach. I say predictable because most of his bar/tavern comeons are things I was doing in my 20′s. Not original, but they do work.

As for me, if I could just fart less I might actually get laid more.

:???:

:mrgreen:

:lol:

69. hereticprincess2 says:

No I have not had a platonic relationship that I wish had gone further, great video Marina!

70. Chemikal says:

This was a lesson that thoroughly got through to me and I liked it.
    I think we’ve all had a platonic relationship once.
    But it’s a pseudo relationship, because it only involves yourself and your own imagination. The other person is usually oblivious to the whole thing.
    Marina is involved in so many platonic relationships, she has to be the most oblivious person I know. :-)

• Bob says:

I’m not sure that what you’re talking about is a platonic relationship, @Chemikal.
      If it only involves yourself, and the other person is oblivious, it’s not a relationship at all; it’s a crush.
      I think a platonic relationship is one in which two people are seeing each other and interacting on a regular basis, enjoying each other’s company, maybe socially or in a work environment but in which there is no sexual activity, either because there is no sexual attraction or more often because one or both of them are otherwise committed.

• Chemikal says:

Oh, I never thought of it that way. I’ve heard the term when I was young and stuck with my interpretation of it. Since no one corrected me, you can notice the effect. :-)
        It still makes little sense to me, if you are in a relationship, it shouldn’t be Platonic in any way.
        I mean, if you’re not having any contact, it’s really not a relationship. It’s more what I mentioned earlier. :D
        So to encompass both interpretations and possible scenarios, I’d go with calling it Platonic person, rather than relationship. Because if one, for whatever reason, is Platonic towards the other, a relationship cannot be established. Right? At most an imagined relationship, or a half-wanted one.
        By your definition, a Platonic relationship is equivalent to normal friendship.
        I guess the only true modern Platonic relationship I can think of, is the long distance type.

• Bob says:

I disagree. A platonic relationship is much more than simple friendship, which can often be quite superficial; a platonic relationship is much deeper, closer, more intimate, with mental contact involving the sharing of private thoughts and secrets, yet without the sexual element.
          Also, don’t make the mistake of thinking that physical contact is only sexual. There can be physical contact between friends without any sexual tension being involved. Physical contact is a basic human, indeed mammalian, need, and it is only the sick minds of religious fanatics that prohibit it because they, themselves, can’t control their basic instincts.
          At several of the places where I have worked over the years I have experienced this platonic physical contact, a hand placed on an arm during conversation, an arm resting on my shoulder whilst we were both engaged in a task at a desk, even the occasional hug of thanks or affection. I continue to experience it with my sisters-in-law who often sit on my lap or snuggle up when they’re talking to my wife. I have experienced even more intimate physical contact in the work environment without any suggestion of a sexual pass being made.
          A couple of examples … one day, when I walked into the office, one of my female co-workers saw me and immediately took a couple of steps towards me and then stopped and hesitated. Instinctively I sensed that she was upset about something, so I held out my arms and she rushed to me and clung to me in a bear hug for several minutes without saying a word. Later in the day a huge bunch of flowers arrived for her and I found out that she had, that morning, had a blazing row with her husband.
          On another occasion, another of my co-workers was going to a party after work and she actually asked me to help her get dressed in her party gear.
          Both of those situations required a high degree of mutual trust and respect, and if I had been crass enough to take advantage of the situation that trust and respect would have rapidly turned to revilement.

• Chemikal says:

I understand, thank you for dropping some knowledge on me. I think the religious fanatics really left a negative mark. Did you hear about the “Christian side hug”? I wonder if they can get any stupider…

• Evan Owen says:

When I worked as a massage therapist, I had to put aside all sexual thoughts about my female clients, and learned to develop a sort of detached, loving-but-asexual attitude toward the beautiful bodies I was caressing massaging. :smile:

That attitude went all to hell on a couple of occasions when they reached up and pulled me down on top of them. :oops:

• bsomebody says:

well said, bob. well said.

71. dsfoto says:

Bravo certainly a lesson to be learned. Unless you grew up poor and a “NICE GUY” then you are already intimately familiar with the term Platonic.

72. Bill says:

Interesting. But wasn’t the word “platonic” created as we know it today? I understand about Plato & Socrates, but I imagine the coining of the term overlooked the *ahem* Greek way, intentionally or otherwise. Also, how “brilliant” can a society be that overlooks or essentially imprisons up to 50% of its people?

And yes, I had a very intense platonic relationship with my Freshman HS geometry teacher. She was the love of my life for almost a year!

73. iluv2cutfarts says:

To my most dearest hotforwords Hottie Girl!

Marina! I am so proud of you! I know how dilligent your efforts have been on the website as of late. And even still – and lots and lots of loooooooong and haaaaaaaard work, you still find time to produce yet another sexy and intelligent video?

I love you! In a platonic way!

:mrgreen:

Yours faithfully,

iluv2cutfarts

USA

• samuel3d says:

Ok I have to ask this did Marina really get a Tattoo on her arm and why? :cry:

• rosiecheeks says:

When ppl get old, they have more significant events in their life that they can finally be able to get a tattoo with a significant meaning.

• iluv2cutfarts says:

There’s never a good reason to get a tattoo. It looks cheap. I’m go glad that my Father scared me shitless of getting one when I was younger.

• rosiecheeks says:

I luv 2 cut farts, go back to ur name-calling ways. I miss hearing the word slope and seeing a middle finger on my screen….preferrably at puberty kid tho!

P.S. Marina’s tattoo looks more ‘simple’ than cheap.

• iluv2cutfarts says:

Oh rosie – every war has an end. Even the kid has had enough, and frankly – I had too. There are only so many times you can call each other demeaning names, before it gets old. It’s like a comic who does the same routine, town after town after town. After a while, it’s just not funny anymore.

But never fear – there’s always a battle to be fought and a war to be won. I think we should enjoy peacetime for a while, don’t you?

:mrgreen:

P.S. Tattoos in general look cheap to me – not Marina’s specifically. Her’s actually makes more sense than most.

• doncross2bear says:

Actually, she did a photo shoot for GQ some time back where they temporarily “printed” her, and I believe the shot is from that. Maybe the issue is due on the stands soon; been looking forward to it.

74. HotForNumbers says:

*(its)

• pedanticKarl says:

Hi HotForNumbers,
      you can reply to your own comment and then the
      *(its) would be in context of your original posting.
      I overlook things all of the time, so I make my
      corrections below my posting as a reply.

• HotForNumbers says:

Yes. Ssorry, pedanticKarl, I tried to stop the browser twice. One to correct the apostrophe and a second one to send the correction as a reply to my own comment, as you point out, but the data had already flown away.
        Thanks. I missed that lesson. Anyway, it seems that “meme” has also a slightly different meaning and another one yet much more different.

75. HotForNumbers says:

Marina, would you please explain the word “MEME”.
    It’s origin and different meanings.

To answer Marina’s questions above:
    “When I say I love you in a platonic sense at the end,
    what am I really saying?”

I think @Marina is referring to the idea and notion of
    transcending the physical desire and tending toward
    the purely spiritual or ideal platonic love. That is,
    spirit to spirit, mind to mind or soul to soul. The Soul,
    being chained to matter, longs to escape from the bondage
    of the body and return to its original source where
    true love is experienced.

The idea of a being is eternal, unchangeable and perfect
    and a particular object of desire is just an imperfect copy.
    There is also the notion of good and virtue and one
    of those virtues is knowledge which is the recognition
    of the supreme form of the good. The three important
    virtues are wisdom, courage, and moderation which are
    bounded by the virtue of justice.

77. packcat says:

The first base hypothesis is a little off.
    Typically, in all forms of relationships, there is an internal clock.

Remember the phrase that familiarity breeds contempt?
    (we’ll get back to that)
    If you hang out with someone long enough and get beyond superficial communication, you begin to respect them as a person and they become like family. And then it may get to a point, where you may be afraid that the friendship is more important than a sexual fling and you would rather keep it on a platonic level than risk losing the friendship.

A true test is to imagine to yourself, that the 2 of you are the last people on Earth or that the world is going to end tomorrow…
    If you still wouldn’t do the dirty, then obviously there is no sexual tension, otherwise it is out of respect and hope of continued communication that you don’t get nasty in a hurry.

About the internal clock… It may be different for each, but if I am not in direct romantic pursuit within a month of meeting someone, usually the passion for sex wanes. This is something for those women who want to impose the 3 date rule on men… Just make sure your 3 dates happen within the first 3 weeks… Or maybe that is your agenda all along… Take the dinners and run!

78. Bob says:

I knew that … but an excellent video, all the same. An informing piece of substance unlike the frivolous 60 second wonders we had to put up with for a long time.
    HW: I have had many platonic relationships (not like Plato though * ) over the years but I’m not about to kiss and tell … or even to NOT kiss and tell.

( * I don’t have an issue with homosexuality as long as those practising it don’t shove it down my throat. :roll: )

• packcat says:

poor choice of words… Are you a backdoor man instead? LOL
      just teasing you.

• iluv2cutfarts says:

Never say shove it to the GLBT community. They’re liable to try and shove it somewheres else!

:shock:

• Capman911 says:

Hi Bob, hows things on the other side of the pond? :smile:

• Bob says:

Hi, Mike,
        In a word, quiet – no helicopters droning overhead with the flying ban.
        In case anyone wonders what all the fuss is about with this volcanic ash cloud, watch this.
        Spring is trying to assert itself but we’re still getting four seasons in a day. How is it with you?

• pedanticKarl says:

The suffix after the video ID is mangled, but the video ID is also not correct as it does not exist.
          The video ID format is: watch?v=123456789AB
          That is, there are 11 characters for the ID.
          Any stuff after the video ID can be thrown away, including the ampersand (&)
          Example: watch?v=123456789AB&feature&etc&etc
          Throw away stuff after and including first ampersand

• pedanticKarl says:

Hi Bob, still no joy on the link. Since you posted the link twice with the same ID, I presume that it is the correct video ID and you are able to see it.

What is interesting is this; The error message says, “Video not available” which means a host of reasons, but if the video were region specific, the error message would read, “Video not available in your country” which I get all of the time.

Anyway, I searched for the title you gave me and was not able to find it on YouTube, other than references about and to video related to that one. Searching on Google, I came across Channel 5 in the UK and watched a trailer about that documentary. I think the documentary is made by the BBC? If so, then I can see the stringent protection of their work.

I’m sure someone has it uploaded to some site. Just haven’t found it yet.

• Evan Owen says:

Hi Bob –
          Re weather: I was swimming in the Nooksack River in January, but it snowed in April! :???:

Re Iceland: the Laki fissure eruption of 1783 caused global cooling and crop failures that killed about 2 million people. The famine in France helped spark the French revolution. :shock:

I take volcanoes very seriously, having been 30 miles from Mount Saint Helens when it erupted. :o

Two days ago Marina tweeted that she was filming this video and to guess the word. Here is the TwitPic of some of the answers.

Before you click this link, make sure you’ve
    taken your heart medication and respirator is
    nearby.

I sorta came close if you consider
    my answer like a nuclear bomb or horseshoes.
    Close enough for government work. :-)

80. wetsuit5 says:

Got caught humming a Via Gra tune in the gym. Difficult to explain. The melody was ok, but my mumbling bastardized Russian left much.

81. Aren’t most, if not all, platonic relationships in existance because one of the persons failed at getting to first base? lol

Nice one Marina, by the way. Can we have some kind of link to the latest video over the enitre sit like we always have had before? It’s really confusing when you think it’s there but it’s not.

I am First, before the PaparazziKid