Major site redesign.. my previous site was too cluttered for new users.. PLUS I always had a problem with new posts not readily being apparent. I decided to move to a more “Blog” type layout, similar to many of the most popular sites.
Here is where I will attempt to keep you updated on changes I make to the site as I make them.
Sunday April 18 2010 -
- Site still does not work in ie6.. I will have to write code for ie6 to fix it.
- Forums are still running, they just haven’t been “re-skinned” with the new look yet. You can get to them by clicking here.
- I will clean up the comments sections shortly.. I don’t like the grey color while writing the comments, I will make your names bigger, etc.
- I will be renaming some of the sections so that they show up better in the navigation
Monday April 19 2010 -
- I added BuddyPress which adds social networking components… I still need to play around with it to see exactly what it does.
- I still need to move the comment box to the top of the comments.
- Whoops, I went to sleep with two test posts showing up in the homepage!
Tuesday April 20 2010 -
- The Buddypress social networking stuff is starting to look good.. I got the design down and I think it will be a good addition to the site as it really allows you follow what people are up to and participate.
- I am working on integrating the BBPress Forums into the whole site.. it’s still complicated. All of these BuddyPress and BBPress components are PART OF WORDPRESS.. so I am not adding in things that don’t belong!
- The Avatar Upload Cropping Feature is BROKEN! I am working to fix it.
- UPLOADING AVATARS WORKS NOW!
- You can crop your avatars as well! Yeah!
Saturday April 24 2010 -
- Site Forum (note the singular) is now integrated into the site.. it used to be called Forums.. but Forums are now attached to Groups.. oh.. it’s so confusing!!! Anyway.. The Forum(s) that you are used to are now available by clicking the link called Site Forum at the top Nav…. Groups and Groups Forums are available at the Group nav link. I’m still trying to work out exactly how to use them all… any suggestions are welcome!
- I think the site if pretty much back to fully functional… so we should be able to start using the site in ways we were never able to use it before! Yeah!
Any other problems, please let me know in the comments below.